Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Day 3

Day 3 began, for me, extremely early. Monday morning is when i found out that my roommate who will remain nameless, liked to get up at the butt crack of dawn to take showers and get ready and such. I beleive I was asked at like 6:18am if I wanted the shower next.....NO, NO I didn't. I wanted to sleep....which had I gotten to sleep past 5:45 am I would have been a little more prepared for the next night, which I will go into later.
OK so, the earth is round...just kidding.....
Monday I headed out to Santa Ana to build a house. We stopped by Casa de Esperanza to plan the groups for the day and such. My group ended up hanging out for a while while we waited for supplies and automobiles to arrive to take us to our building site. While we waited kids were played with, soccer balls were kicked and about 3 cans of spray on sun screen was applied.
We piled in out truck when it got there and headed out to our building site. Once there we hiked to the spot....but wait....we didn't have tools yet so we waited for them to be brought.....but there were some over achivers in our group who said, "Tools, who needs shovels, post hole diggers and rock spikes when you have hands. Tools big deal." So we began digging the post holes with our hand...in the very rocky ground. Judy and I, after about 3 seconds got wise and started providing the entertainment for the afternoon.......movies quotes!! There was everything from Steele Magnolias to Shrek, from Fox and the Hound to The Princess Bride.

Judy and I working really hard

It may look like I am just standing around, but I actually finished hammering before the boys and am waiting on them to finish.


The tools finally came and up went the house. Judy manned the wood pile, while I drove in nails, Janice fell down the mountain and Brett played under the house. Another group came and helped us finish up.
Monday night we all, except for a group that Brett took to see the Matt at the hospital, went to the Jesus Statue. It was kinda sprinkling and wanted to rain, but it held off while we were there. Mark led devo and introduced us to the panting deer, while Jenny sang the wrong line to "Have you seen Jesus" and Margaret told Leslie that she broke her butt b/c she has a crack in it. There was laughing.

After we got settled in for the night I was awakened by knocking on the door. It was Judy who came to get me b/c there was lady who was sick. We stayed up with here for a bit, and decided that it was probably HTP (honduran toliet party) but in the morning she was getting worse, so after consulting with Dr. Tom we advised Terry the she needed to be taken to the hospital. She was and was admitted for acute pancreatitis. She was eventually flown back to the states on Friday.



So ends day three.






























3 comments:

JSM said...

"Anna... I need you. I know it's not even the buttcrack of dawn yet & I have a major case of dragon breath, but I can't remember what's in the upper left quadrant besides the gallbladder..." I remember running up to your room outside in my bare feet, which indicates my level of desperation. {Brett slept through the door knocking, throwing up session, and the fact that I was out of our room for a few hours....}

AnnaJane said...

No problem....glad to be of service. Although when time came for the throw up....tag your it.

Ben Cooper said...

Are you and Leslie competing to see who can stretch out a 10 day mission trip to 1 years worth of blogging? Let's get a move on!!!