Thursday, October 11, 2007

Day Four

Day four begins the same as day three.....with my roommates up before the roosters. This day I made it to breakfast.
On this day the goup I was with headed out to build a house in the community called Moa Lolola (sp?) Let me describe it to you. It is a really tall steep mountain with a little crick running a the base and another really tall steep mountain on the other side. If you are walking up or down it you have to take an O2 tank, repelling rope and spikes. Luckily for us we got a ride up to the house site by Jen Arnold...yea Jen!! Once we got there we found out that all teh building materials had been unloaded at the wrong place and we needed to move it all. Let me fill you in on the "building materials." It is all the lumber, boxes of nails, buckets of hammers, levels and such, post hole diggers, rock spikes taller than me, roofing materials (sheets and sheets of aluminum). We had to get all of this from the road down to the site about 60 feet straight down and another 30 feet over. We started carrying the board (2x4s, 4x4 and some other big something by something). I did not have a partner so I carried one board on my shoulder at a time, but then we got wise and made a line and slide the boards down. Of course if you were at the bottom of the assembly line there was an 80% chance that your legs were gonna get knocked out from under you. The building site was not quite ready for building so the boys and friends of the home owner worked the land until it was just right.


It began to rain and when it was raining it was chilly, so I played the put the rain coat on and take it off game all day. I think though, that this building site was my favorite of all time. The land was so steep that it created a huge crawl space and we had to build the front wall up last, which made for awesome pics. It was sooo beautiful. The view was worth a million dollars, but the house only a thousand. Oh Judy and I managed to wack a little girl in the head while moving boards around. OOPS!! Below is a pic of the finished project. Its the house with the stilts.





4 comments:

Ben Cooper said...

"The view was worth a million dollars, but the house only a thousand"....might be the coolest quote in a blog ever.....

AnnaJane said...

Thanks Ben.

Mary Womack said...

AJ, you must have had the best, most eager roommates ever!! How lucky were you!?

memphis belle said...

um, cleanliness is next to godliness - duh!